Workers Comp cuts: One year on
The report highlights the human impacts of the Government’s changes.
2,340 people completed survey, 1392 (60%) of whom had suffered an injury or illness at work.
Key findings from the survey include:
- 93% of people are opposed the Government’s changes to workers compensation
- Of the 1392 injured workers, 504 were receiving weekly payments in June 2012
- 92 workers reported a reduction in their weekly payments as a result of the changes
- 71% of people receiving weekly payments have not yet undergone a Work Capacity Assessment
- 86% of injured workers sustained their injury prior to June 2012.
In the coming weeks, Unions NSW will also be compiling the hundreds of individual stories from the survey results. These will be posted to the website.