Election Notice for National and NSW vacant positions
Fair Work (Registered Organisations) Act 2009
Nominations are called for:
- Branch Delegate to the National Executive (New South Wales Branch) (1)
- National Divisional Delegate from Branch to National Council: New South Wales Branch, Locomotive Division (1)
Branch Offices and Positions
New South Wales Branch
Rail Operations Division
- Branch Divisional Delegate to Branch Council (Western District) (1)
- Sub-Divisional Representative on Branch Divisional Committee: Transport Officers Sub-Division (1)
- Branch Sub-Division President: Transport Officers Sub-Division (1) Branch Sub-Division Secretary: Transport Officers Sub-Division (1)
- Branch Divisional Vice-President (Passenger) (1)
- Sub-Divisional Representative on Branch Divisional Committee (Council):
- Central Group (1) Metropolitan Group 1 (1)
- Sub-Divisional Representative (Depot Organiser): Eveleigh (1)
Fleet Manufacture, Overhaul, Maintenance and Service Division
- Branch Divisional Secretary (1)
- Administrative, Supervisory, Technical and Professional Division Branch Divisional Secretary (1)
Tram and Bus Division
- Sub-Divisional Representative on Divisional Committee Willoughby (1)
Administrative, Supervisory, Technical and Professional Division
- Regional Representative to Divisional Committee: Metropolitan Region (1)
South Australia/Northern Territory Branch
- Branch Vice-President (1)
- Branch District Delegate to Branch Council: Rail Commissioner District (1)
- Branch Regional Sub-Branch Committee:
Branch Regional Sub-Branch Secretary (SA/NT Region) (1)
Written nominations which comply with the Union’s registered rules, may be made at any time
from 9:00am (AEDT) on 7 November 2016. They must reach the Returning Officer, Marie Malfitana at her office or postal address shown below not later than 5:00pm (AEDT) on Monday 28 November 2016.
NOTE: If a ballot is required for positions in the Tram and Bus Division, it will be held via attendance at the Willoughby bus depot on Thursday, 2 February 2017 between 7:00am and 4:30pm
It is a requirement of nomination for any office in the Union that candidates be financial on the date nominations open. Intending candidates should consult the Union’s Rules for other eligibility requirements.
Nominations cannot be withdrawn after 5:00pm (AEDT) on Thursday, 8 December 2016. Nomination forms are available on request.
How to lodge nominations
- By post: Australian Electoral Commission PO Box 496 HAYMARKET NSW 1240
- By fax: 02 6215 9910
- By hand: Australian Electoral Commission Level 10/59 Goulburn Street HAYMARKET NSW 2000
- By email: A properly completed nomination form including all necessary signatures and attachments may be scanned and submitted as a pdf file to firstname.lastname@example.org Note: Emails larger than 6MB in size may not be accepted by the AEC’s firewall.
The postal ballot, if required, will open on Monday, 16 January 2017 and close at 5:00pm (AEDT) on Monday 6 February 2017.
Changed address? Advise the Union now.
Note: A copy of the AEC’s election report and the results can be obtained from the Organisation or from the Returning Officer after the completion of the election.
Phone: 02 9375 6364
17 October 2016
AEC Notice PDF: election-notice_e2016-229
AEC Timetable and request for roll of voters letter PDF: timetable-and-request-for-roll-of-voters-letter
The timetable for the election will be:
- Monday, 17 October 2016 – Union publishes Election Notice and Nomination Form on website.
- Monday, 31 October 2016 – Close of Roll
- Tuesday, 1 November 2016 – Roll delivered to Returning Officer
- Monday, 7 November 2016 – Nominations Open at 9:00am (AEDT)
- Monday, 28 November 2016 – Nominations Close at 5:00pm (AEDT)
- Thursday, 8 December 2016 – Close of nominations withdrawal period at 5:00pm (AEDT)
- Monday, 16 January 2017 – Postal Ballot Opens
- Monday, 6 February 2017 – Postal Ballot Closes at 5:00pm (AEDT)
Union publishes Election Notice and Nomination Form on website.
Close of Roll
Roll delivered to Returning Officer Nominations Open at 9:00am (AEDT)
Nominations Close at 5:00pm (AEDT)
Close of nominations withdrawal period at 5:00pm (AEDT)
Postal Ballot Opens
Postal Ballot Closes at 5:00pm (AEDT)
An attendance ballot will be held on Thursday, 2 February 2017 from 7:00am to 4:30pm (AEDT) at Willoughby Depot if required, for members of tram and bus division members only.